1918 - Foundation of the Georgia Red Cross Society;

1923 - Independent existence of the GRCS was interrupted and it became the member of the Alliance of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies of the USSR;

1993 - Parliament of Georgia ratified Geneva Conventions of August 12, 1949;

1995 - Georgia Red Cross Society resumed its existence as an independent organization;

1997 - October 2 – The law on Red Cross and Red Crescent Emblems and titles was adopted by Parliament of Georgia; 

1997 - October 16 – The Law on Georgia Red Cross Society was adopted by the Parliament of Georgia;

1997 - November 20 – Georgia Red Cross Society became the member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies;

2008 - The MoU between the GRCS and National Center of Tuberculosis and Lung deceases was signed;

2008 - The GRCS became the member of the Harm Reduction National Network;

2008 - August – The President of Georgia issued Decree #415 on approval of the National Response Plan for Emergency Situations, by which the GRCS is granted the special role among other NGO’s during Emergencies. Based on the Decree the GRCS, under the coordination of Emergency Management Department of Ministry of Internal Affairs of Georgia, organizes the work of non-governmental organizations involved in the recovery activities caused by the disaster.